A visa is an endorsement on a visa form or in a valid passport of a foreign national granting such person authority to enter Zambia within a specific period upon examination by an Immigration Officer at the port of entry.
The period of stay in Zambia shall be determined by an Immigration Officer at the port of entry. The validity of the visa is NOT the period in which the holder is entitled to remain in the country but a period within which the holder has to enter Zambia.
The following visa procedures will therefore apply:-
ENTRY VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONNEL ACCREDITED TO ZAMBIA.
- Gratis Visas should be obtained at Zambia Missions Abroad or at ports of entry on presentation of letters of accreditation.
- Persons who are not accredited to Zambia may obtain visas at Missions abroad or at ports of entry on presentation of Official/Diplomatic Passports.
DELEGATES COMING TO ZAMBIA ON CONFIRMED GOVERNMENT BUSINESS
- Delegates from International Organisations coming to Zambia should obtain Entry Visas at Zambian Missions Abroad or at ports of entry provided they produce official invitation letters
TOURISTS TO ZAMBIA
- A bonafide tourist is any person traveling to Zambia as an individual or group of persons on a tour through a foreign tour operator or travel agent in conjunction with a local tour operator. Tour operators include hotels registered in Zambia as such.
- Tourists shall be issued with visas at any port of entry to Zambia or at a Zambian Missions Abroad EXCEPT for those visas that fall under referred visa.
, Faxno. +260 211 252008
Nationals coming to Zambia to transact business are entitled to a free thirty (30) days business visit within a period of twelve (12) months. Such nationals should be issued with visas at Zambian Missions Abroad or ports of entry EXCEPT for those that fall under referred visa. A business visitor is a person who comes to Zambia to attend meetings, conferences, arranging of business transactions and the signing of contracts and includes;
- an overseas worker, who is paid by an employer abroad or a volunteer, who come to Zambia for a short period, to work, offer a service, install, erect, repair or service foreign made machinery or equipment;
- a person who comes to Zambia to advise on the development of new computer systems or information technology; or
- the provision of any service constituting advice, training or learning by observation or in a classroom.
Transit visas are issued to nationals who require visas to enter Zambia and are transiting through using land transport and shall be valid for a maximum period of seven (07) days.
DAY TRIPPER VISAS
A Day Tripper visa shall be issued at a port of entry to a tourist who visits Zambia for less than 24hours and makes exit through the same port. Except those nationals that fall under referred visa